Russel Brothers Limited   OWEN SOUND, ONTARIO   Steelcraft Boat Builders
Fred Hogan / J.M. Laing

Canadian List of Shipping 1956: Fred Hogan [C.179192] registered at Montreal; built at Owen Sound in 1947. 38' 5 x 11' 5 x 4' 2; 14 g.t.; 10 n.t.; 125 hp. Owned by Anticosti Shipping Co., Montreal. Canadian List of Shipping 1970: Steel tug Fred Hogan [C.179192] registered at Montreal. Built at Owen Sound in 1947. 39'; 14 g.t. Renamed J.M. Laing, date unknown.

Trois Rivieres, QC, Oct. 8th, 1995. Photo courtesy of Mac Mackay.

ENLARGE to 1024 pixels wide


Thanks to Yves Cloutier for providing the registry number and Rob Farrow for identifying this Russel tug as Fred Hogan. YC notes: "it's still wearing the Consolidated Bathurst colors...sitting beside Henry Sorgius and La Petite Shawinigan near St-Tite..."

ENLARGE to 1000 pixels wide


For more Russel exhibits visit Owen Sound Marine & Rail Museum 1165 1st Ave West, Owen Sound, ON N4K 4K8
(519) 371-3333